FAQ on Insurance Terms
What is a co-pay?
Co-pay is a flat fee that your insurance carrier requires you to pay per visit.
What is co-insurance?
Co-insurance is a percentage of fees that your insurance requires you to pay. For example, if your policy has an 80% co-insurance, this means that your insurance will pay 80% of your bill and you are responsible for the other 20%.
What is a deductible?
Deductibles are a set amount of money (Example: $500) that you must pay out of pocket before your insurance will pay. This means that every time you receive medical care in which a deductible applies, you will be responsible for the full amount until you have paid the amount of your deductible.
What is a non-covered service?
A non-covered service is a medical expense that your insurance either deems not medically necessary, or a service that is not covered under your policy. This may also include services performed more frequently than allowed by your plan, such as well check-ups done too early.
*All fees, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.